Friday 16 September 2011

MoMA DESIGN STORE NEW YORK

MoMA

The Museum of Modern Art


Walking through Soho discovering new shops I found the best MoMA Design Store
You can always shop at the official MoMA located at 11 West 53 Street New York 10019 but if you prefer not to be rushed by visitors and tourists you have to go to 81 Spring St ( Crosby Street) New York 10012.  

Hip interior, everything in white, well placed and a sign that said "If you spend 50$ you get a free entrance to MoMA"... Let start browsing then...

Prato Umbrella Stand by Naoki Terada 2009
$35.00

Sparrow clips from Pititas Waiwiriya 2008
$15.00















   
Map Dinghy Drain Stopper
$10.00
  
Floppy Disk Sticky Notes 2010 by Burak Kaynak
$9.95
I expected an ultra expensive store where I could just look around and still dream thinking "when I will be rich...." then I realized that the products were surprisingly affordable with plenty of new gifts ideas. I continued to have a look and all of the products make me smile and some even laugh. I found many fun gadgits that I have never seen before....

Banana Bunker by Paul R.Stremple 2000
$10
There is as well a section of modern watches and jewelry. From conventional (silver or gold) and unconventional (plastic, rubber, woven metal) materials. I particularly loved that One-Layre Twist Ring inspired by cellular forms and generated by computer simulation. It is made of durable nylon plastic layered using a 3-D printing technique. Awesome !!! 

One-Layer Twist Ring 2009
$20.00
Unique products from inexpensive small gifts to jewelry and furniture. 

Project Notebooks 2007
$16.95
Rose Trivet by Anouk Jansen 2008
$25.00


All these creative and artistic books, furniture and home decor made me fell very inspired to find the perfect wedding and Christmas presents. I bought few indeed...and of course I got my free ticket to the Museum.



Biske Drip Tumblers  by Kinikazu Ito 2010
$26.00


  
Lumen Oil Lamp by Adam Frank 2005
$50.00




River Stones Bowl Riccardo Marzi, 2006

$185.00




Is a must-see for any visitor who wants to check out the unique products selected by MoMA. 


Of course you can always shop online at http://www.momastore.org/  and they have an International shipments section then welcome the rest of the world that is not USA.


Simple, creative, original and affordable..... I love it 



No comments:

Post a Comment