Wednesday 10 August 2011

San Francisco Academy of Art University



Arriving to San Francisco everything is big: meals, buildings, cars.. Walking I found the Academy of Art University and I flashed on different dresses on the windows. Once inside I discover a "aperitif" of what fashion is going to be and how fashion can be expressed like art and not only like clothes.

Mini-mi concepts, jewelry cushion, underwear frame ...








Artist Aviva Stanoff. This vintage lingerie pressed into-printed velvet make me feel that fashion is much more than catwalks, fashes, magazines, celebrities and must-have... people sometimes reduce it only to that and this is sad.



Fantastic material, silks as I love, simple and nice lines, femenine cuts and shape. I love the way they put the scarves on the waist (scarves my favourite piece in the world). I don't agree with the length of the white trousers and the print of the brown dress but....that is a school of fashion and art cannot be liked by everyone.










1 comment:

  1. Big buildings? Just wait to arrive to NY... :D

    Nice blog (I like the theme, specially the background), and good post (even if I don't know a word about trends!). Keep going!! :D

    ReplyDelete