Friday 25 November 2011

None like he ADELE


She is unusual, she is the voice of the year, she is much more than what we can see, she is simply amazing!!!



I have been looking forward to seeing the official video of "Someone like you" for months. I loved the live version at the Brits Awards, the only version we had to be delighted by her voice. We could feel how the emotion and the tears at the end of the song break her voice. Her shyness, voice and lyrics make us unconditional fans.


She has many records but the most important to me is YOUTUBE. Her live version of "Someone like you" hit 69 898 666 views in 9-monthsOnly beaten by herself with the song "Rolling in the deep" with 172 182 346 views in 11 months. 


The most impressive is that every 3 minutes someone posts a song on Youtube of their own performance of "Someone like you". It is the most covered singer online. 



She is unconventional, not sexy, not fake, honest in all her interviews and very mature for her age.

Her most impressive achievements at a glance:
  • She has been the first living artist to have two top five hits in the UK official Singles and Official Album simultaneously since The Beatles in 1964.
  • Her album 21 has spent eleven consecutive weeks on first step in the UK; the longest ever by a female solo artist surpassing Madonna.
  • First album in the UK to sell 3 million copies in one calendar year. That will make her appear in the 2012 Guinness Book of World Records.
  • The first artist to sell more than a million copies of an album on European iTunes.
This new version of "Someone like you" has already reached 45-016-771 views in just one month. And every hour it increases by thousands and every two days by 2 millions views.


I was very surprised when I watched it (and I can say I was part of the first thousand who watched it) because I didn't expect it to be shot in Paris, her walking from Concorde to the Invalides through my favourite bridge Alexandre III.  
As I everybody I have imagined this video before but I have never thought that it would have been in Paris. However, it is true that it actually goes very well. Where better than Paris to shoot the most romantic and touching song of the year?

My only "disappointments" are:

1- The coat that she is wearing. I think the stylist could have done better. She could look more feminine and this belt is too high to make her slender. Note: International Vogue offices are just after the bridge... she was walking the right way but obviously never arrived.

2- The choice of the boyfriend. Even if we cannot see him clearly, all the song is about him. We want to know more about him and kick him... I was expecting a tall and hot guy, with different hair style, more bohemian,more like her, a true Parisian and not this one.

I still love her, her music, her new style, her personality.... there is no one like her. 

Can’t wait for her official video of "Set fire to the rain"...

For more info http://www.adele.tv/home/




1 comment:

  1. "Note: International Vogue offices are just after the bridge... she was walking the right way but obviously never arrived." ahahah, very funny ;-) (Vincent)

    ReplyDelete